Employment Opportunity – Data Technician
Company: Xcalibur, Inc.
Position Title: Data Technician
Deadline: Open until filled
Date Posted: August 1, 2018
Position Title: Data Technician
Position Summary Information
Xcalibur, Inc. is hiring a data technician to add to our data quality team. We assist GEAR UP grantees across the country providing participatory evaluation, data analysis, and data management services for state and partnership GEAR UP grants. In our role we provide grants with technical assistance, guidance, and insight into promising practices. GEAR UP is a college and career readiness and success grant that supports historically underserved students to enroll in college or begin a career. The data technician is expected to contribute in many ways to our technical assistance for these projects. The data technician will work in close collaboration with Xcalibur’s Director of Data Quality.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of data management or a related area
- Experience with manual data entry and importing data sets
- The ability to transform data from one format into another format
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong and concise oral and written communication skills specifically with technical language
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical use of data at all times
License/Certification Required: None
- Experience with data management systems within the education sector
- Experience working with relational databases
- Ability to present complex information effectively to a range of audiences
- Commitment to ensuring a high level of data integrity and fidelity using documented process for data transformation and loading
- Experience providing client-forward help desk support/responses in a timely manner
- Experience with survey software tools
- Experience with SCRIBE for GEAR UP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Xcalibur team by responding to Help desk questions
- Provide clear documentation outlining processes used to transform and load all data sets
- Monitor the fidelity of data sets within the SCRIBE for GEAR UP system
- Support the Xcalibur team by creating a survey given the questions and layout
- Work independently on assigned data management tasks for clients
- Participate in Alpha- and Beta-Testing of SCRIBE releases
- Ensure FERPA-compliance with all data
- Export, Transform, and load datasets into SCRIBE
- Perform Webinars/trainings to GEAR UP grants as needed
- Carryout any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
Skills, abilities, & proficiencies:
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting capabilities
- Technical skills
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a virtual environment
- Computer data entry skills
- Skill in the use of computer spreadsheet and/or database applications
Physical Demands of Position:
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking. Effort applies to no more than two (2) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal to no exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
Type of Position: Part Time Position
Number of Hours Per Week: 20
Work Schedule/Hours: The work schedule is flexible, with a portion of the time required to be available for meetings (virtual or in person) with Xcalibur staff during regular business hours.
Posting Details Information
Proposed Date of Hire: 9/1/2018
Interested employees should email a cover letter detailing how your skills and experiences align to this job description with a list of 3-5 references with titles and contact information and your resume with the subject line “Xcalibur Data Technician” by August 31, 2018 to HR@xcalibur.com
Suggested Salary Range: This position is part-time paid hourly at $16/hour. As a part-time employee there are no further benefits made available at this time.
Background Check Statement:
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate is conditional upon Xcalibur’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed. All employment candidates must sign a confidentiality agreement before being offered employment. Xcalibur uses eVerify to verify employment as conditions of some of our Higher Education and State contract requirements. All applicants who accepts a position with Xcalibur must participate/complete the eVerification as a condition for employment.