Xcalibur is seeking to hire a collaborative Evaluation Specialist to support its growing GEAR UP evaluation projects. The position requires a talented individual with skills in both quantitative and qualitative methods. While the Evaluation Specialist’s primary focus is on quantitative data, we anticipate there may be some additional work with qualitative data and analysis. This position is fully remote.
The Evaluation Specialist will report directly to the Director of Data Insights and Evaluation.
- Masters Degree or higher.
- Minimum of five years experience conducting evaluation and applied data analytics.
- Technical skills at the expert level in Excel, the intermediate level (or higher) in Tableau and R.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation methods.
- Ability to travel within the United States is required.
- Experience with GEAR UP grants is preferred.
- Design and develop data collection and program evaluation tools.
- Conduct evaluation in the education (K-12 or higher ed) setting.
- Collect and analyze quantitative data using descriptive and inferential methods.
- Design and develop data collection protocol including surveys, focus groups, and interviews.
- Collect and analyze qualitative data.
- Conduct reviews of program-related documents, data files, published information and official reports.
- Provide evaluation-related technical assistance to grantees individually and in group through site visits, conferences, and seminars.
- Communicate effectively through written reports and presentations.
- Develop data visualizations, both quantitative and qualitative, to support evaluation work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail in work.
- Strong communication and organizational abilities, including written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lead a project in a timely way that is in support of the evaluation work plan.
- Ability to shift between multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the team, accept feedback, and lead projects.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2022.