It’s that time of year when students are back at school and GEAR UP is in full swing. The beginning of the school year is a great time to do some SCRIBE housekeeping. Managing your list of active users is critical. This type of maintenance ensures only those who should have access to student data have access. Any time a staff member with a SCRIBE profile leaves his or her position, be sure to disable his or her account.
- In SCRIBE, go to Tools > User Management.
- You can sort the users by who is active by clicking twice on the “Is Active” column.
- If you come across a user with a profile that should be disabled, click on “View” next to his or her name.
- Click on “Edit”. Then, click on “No”, next to “Is Active” and “Yes” next to “Is Locked”.
- Enter notes in the “Reason Locked” field.
- Click on “No” next to “Can request password”.
- Click on “Save”.
When was the last time you reviewed the list of users who have access to SCRIBE? How often will make time for reviewing your list of active users? We recommend reviewing this list at least monthly.