I have been working in the GEAR UP space for over eight years, and prior to that I worked with educators in schools and school districts to help them use data to inform decisions. Throughout my career there has been one constant…Excel! Excel has been the primary tool that I’ve used to clean, analyze, and visualize data. I’ve also learned that you can never have too much training in Excel. There’s always something more to learn, whether it’s a short cut or a different way of doing things!
Another thing I’ve learned working with educators and data is that Excel is not a requirement for teacher preparation, which means a lot of Excel users in education are self-taught. GEAR UP professionals are no different. When you have a field that is largely comprised of practitioners–people who plan programming–Excel skills are usually not part of the job requirements. It is with this in mind that Xcalibur announces our new skill-building workshops: GEAR UP Together! Excel Skill-Building Workshops! During these skill-building workshops, we will provide comprehensive technical training designed to supercharge your Excel skills to empower you in your professional and personal endeavors. In addition to being experts in Excel, our team has extensive experience with GEAR UP data, so of course the workshops are designed with GEAR UP data in mind! We are confident you will not find another opportunity like this one.
What to Expect
GEAR UP Together! Excel Skill-Building Workshops are carefully crafted and cover a wide range of Excel topics, catering to all skill levels. Each session was designed as a standalone, but completing the entire series will take you from beginner to expert! Here’s what you can expect:
- Excel Fundamentals: Master the basics, including creating spreadsheets, formatting data, and using formulas and functions.
- Advanced Techniques: Dive into pivot tables, data visualization, and conditional formatting to turn data into actionable insights.
- Advanced Formulas: Understand array formulas and more to solve complex problems.
- Automation: Learn how to automate repetitive tasks using macros and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications).
- Data Analysis: Explore powerful data analysis tools, including regression analysis, goal seeking, and scenario analysis.
- Dashboard Creation: Create interactive dashboards to present your data effectively.
- Real-world Applications: Apply your skills to real-world scenarios, including finance, marketing, and project management.
Take advantage of this incredible, low-cost opportunity to elevate your Excel skills to the next level. Registration for our first two workshops is open, and seats are limited!
If you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
The Excel Skill-Building Workshop Series will consist of monthly sessions, each lasting 1.5 hours, starting on November 8, 2023. Two sessions of each workshop will be offered. The early session is 10:30 am – 12:00 pm (EST) and the late session is 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm (EST) via Zoom. For more information, visit https://www.xcaliburscribe.com/xcalibur-workshops/. Registration links and descriptions of the sessions are provided below.
- Nov 8, 2023 – Foundational Level Excel Skills
- Dec 6, 2023 – Formatting Techniques in Excel
- 2024 dates and topics will be released soon!